Updates on Blended and Remote Learning in 2020-21
FMHS Family Town Hall | October 29, 2020
Learning Preference Forms
FMHS will support families in navigating learning preferences on a quarterly basis. We are asking all families to discuss whether you would like to change your learning preference for Quarter 2 (November-January) and please fill in the FMHS Family Technology and Engagement Form as soon as possible.
Because we will be asking families to make this choice on a quarterly basis, you can rest assured that there will be other opportunities for you to opt into blended learning if you are not yet ready. Families should know that it is always possible to opt into remote learning. Families should complete the DOE Learning Preference form by November 15th.
Class of 2024 Town Hall
Class of 2023 Town Hall
Class of 2022 Town Hall
Class of 2021 Town Hall
Key Info from NYC DOE
Returning to School Safely
Students returning to the building should expect:
- All students and staff are instructed to do a daily pre-screening at home for symptoms (cough, chills, loss of taste/smell, muscle pain, etc.) AND temperature check. Do not come to school with any symptoms.
- Random temperature checks at entry.
- There will be sanitizing stations at entry, sanitizer access in classrooms, and time for hand-washing during the day.
- There will be training and instruction on how to keep hands clean.
- We ask that students observe 6 feet of social distance during transit, at entry, in hallways, in classroom. Classrooms have been set up so that seats are 6 feet apart.
- Limited / no visitor access to the building.
- A mask is required for entry and AT ALL TIMES in the school building.