COLLEGE‎ > ‎Seniors‎ > ‎

Financial Aid

This year there is a new timeline for FAFSA, and the application will open on October 1st.   It is important and beneficial to file the FAFSA as soon as possible, since funds are distributed as applications are received.  
We will be having a Financial Aid Night on October 26th at 6pm to help you with the process!

You can apply for FAFSA on the web at  You can apply for a PIN number at

Be sure to pay attention to priority deadlines.  Some colleges have financial aid deadlines

Here is a list of documents you will need to complete financial aid forms:
  • Student and parent/guardian Social Security Numbers and Dates of Birth
  • Parent/Guardian official marital status
  • 2014 tax returns for student and parent/guardian, if applicable (can use an estimated number)
  • 2014 W-2s for student and parent/guardian, if applicable (can use an estimated number)
  • Records of untaxed income for student and parent/guardian, i.e. social security benefits, public
  • Assistance - WIC, SSI, etc.
  • Any banking, investment, real estate, or business records for students and parents/guardians
  • Student’s Driver’s License Number, if any
  • Student’s alien registration number (for non-citizens of the U.S.)
  • PINs for students and one parent/ guardian
Once you file the FAFSA application, the TAP form will be generated.  If not, you can access the TAP form by clicking

In addition to the FAFSA and the TAP applications, the CSS Profile is an additional financial aid form used by some private colleges.  Not every school requires the form.  Some schools in NYS require the CSS profile in addition to the FAFSA.  For example, Barnard, columbia, Cooper Union, Cornell, Fordham, Ithaca and Syracuse.  Other colleges throughout the US also use this form.  Be sure to research the the schools you apply to to determine financial aid forms they require.

Finally,  you should never feel that you need to pay someone to help you complete these forms.  If you need assistance, you can call the toll free number 800-4-FEDAID or contact the financial aid office at a prospective college or institution.